Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sons and Daughters of Destiny


Hi,

Just finished a workshop in ATL with the Sons and Daughters of Destiny Summer Youth Academy. It was great! The participants were fun to work with and they were very involved in the group discussions. I had to calm them down several times, especially when talking about pre-marital sex. But it was all good. I had an opportunity to share with them and they had the opportunity to give me some much needed feedback regarding the Tru-2-Life Series and Brittani. Everyone wanted to know what happened to Brittani, Ayana and Kenny. I gave them a sneak peek, but couldn't tell much cause I ain't finished with book 2 yet and I don't even know myself what will happen in the end with all of the characters. LOL


As you can tell by the pics, we had a ball. A DEA officer and his K-9 dog, Drake, were there to provide drug related info with the participants. Even though I work in the field of drugs and alcohol, I learned a thing or two. All I can say is, don't do drugs. Drake is definitely on the case. Trying to mask the smell with coffee, air freshners and whatever else you think of can not outsmart the keen nose of a trained dog. Trust me.

Here's a shout out to all of the participants, the panel guests and most of all to Ms. Katheryn Jones of Destiny Family Services.

Until nest time...
Be Blessed,
Camille

No comments: